New initiatives from health information technology vendors announced in recent days includes the following:
* Springfield, Ill.-based Hospital Sisters Health System will implement in its 14 hospitals a suite of revenue cycle management software from Passport Health Communications. The vendor will touch virtually every part of the revenue cycle with software to handle physician orders, insurance verification, demographic verification, patient responsibility estimation, prior authorization, medical necessity validation, charity care screening, collections, transactions processing, electronic statements and patient portals, among other services.
* Community hospital information systems vendor HealthTech Holdings Inc. has rebranded itself and its three product lines as MEDHOST. The company includes the emergency and perioperative information systems of MEDHOST, the financial and clinical HIS of Healthcare Management Systems and the physician documentation software of PatientLogic. Craig Herrod, who ran the MEDHOST division, is president of the rebranded company with Bill Anderson serving as chair and CEO.
* Patient education and engagement vendor Emmi Solutions has integrated additional education content from Wolters Kluwers Lexicomp division into its EmmiEngage platform. Chicago-based Emmi offers interactive presentations on hundreds of medical conditions and related procedures. The presentations educate patients while providing informed consent documentation. Physicians using Emmi's content give their patients access codes to view presentations on the Web.
* Ambulatory software vendor athenahealth Inc. will integrate the iConnect Network product of medical imaging vendor Merge Healthcare into its cloud-based athenaClinicals electronic health records system. The integration will enable physicians to receive and view exam results, diagnostic images and other information within the EHRs workflow.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access