New tools to manage patient engagement under accountable care, or comply with controlled substances regulations or budget sequestration-mandated Medicare payment cuts are among recent offerings from health information technology vendors:
* Krames StayWell, a vendor of on-demand patient education materials, has introduced ACO 360, a platform of patient education and engagement software to aid in population health management. The platform includes health information content, mobile messaging programs, a tablet-based informed consent app, and guidebooks and newsletters. A suite of lifestyle management programs from Pro-Change Behavior Systems also is part of the platform.
* Wolters Kluwer Health has increased the information on controlled substances in its Medi-Span drug databases. Medi-Span has had some information available on controlled substances, primarily the federal Drug Enforcement Agency Schedule Code. Now, the information is consolidated and expanded in a single Controlled Substance File. The file assists providers, pharmacies, payers and software vendors in complying with controlled substances prescribing, dispensing and reporting requirements at the federal, state and U.S. territory levels.
* Payer software vendor RAM Technologies has added software to its HEALTHsuite Mercato transactions processing platform to automatically reduce Medicare payments by two percent, reflecting the mandatory cut under the federal budget sequestration. The enhancement will help clients avoid mandatory workflows to adjust payments.
* The electronic dental record software of NextGen Health Care Information Systems, version 4.3, has received certification as a Complete EHR supporting the 2014 Edition of meaningful use, which includes revamped Stage 1 and final Stage 2 criteria. The Certification Commission for Health Information Technology was the certifying entity.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access