New contracts, data exchange links and executives are among recent health information technology vendor announcements:
* The medical schools at University of California San Francisco and Stanford University have joined the Doximity secure online network for physicians. Doximity, accessible via mobile devices and personal computers, launched in early 2011 and now claims 10 percent of the nation’s physicians as members. The schools linked up to give their graduates easy access to peers. The network is designed to help physicians search for and communicate with colleagues for consults and referrals; search for pharmacies, hospitals, labs, skilled nursing facilities and other provider sites in a service area; access phone lists that enable dialing directly to a needed desk or department; search for classmates in a database of medical school and residency alumni; and securely text among colleagues.
* St. Elizabeth Network, serving the Cincinnati region and northern Kentucky, has connected to the statewide Kentucky Health Information Exchange via the regional HealthBridge HIE. Having links via both HIEs will ease patient data exchange within the delivery system and among non-affiliated facilities. The state HIE is receiving demographic information, radiology reports, admission notices, and discharge summaries from St. Elizabeth through HealthBridge.
* Health information technology and business services outsourcing firm Anthelio has named John Dragovits as president and COO. The position of president is new. Laxman Badiga, formerly COO of Anthelio, now is COO of its India operations. Dragovits has served in administration positions at multiple hospitals, most recently as chief financial officer at Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas. He also served as a vice president at Cerner Corp.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access