An alliance to aid physicians in using registries under the meaningful use program is among recent announcements from health information technology vendors:
* Ambulatory software and billing vendor athenahealth Inc. has teamed with the American College of Physicians and cloud-based portal vendor CECity to link physicians to specialized data registries to aid in meeting EHR meaningful use requirements. Under the alliance, users of athenahealths EHR can transmit data at no cost to the ACP Genesis Registry through CECity. This will eliminate duplicate data entry and custom reporting, according to the organizations. Eventually, ACP Genesis Registry will accept data from other EHRs. Physicians submitting data to the registry will receive their performance results compared to nation benchmarks established by ACP, and benchmarks against peers. Physicians also will receive an analysis of measure gaps.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access