An alliance to aid physicians in using registries under the meaningful use program is among recent announcements from health information technology vendors:
* Ambulatory software and billing vendor athenahealth Inc. has teamed with the American College of Physicians and cloud-based portal vendor CECity to link physicians to specialized data registries to aid in meeting EHR meaningful use requirements. Under the alliance, users of athenahealths EHR can transmit data at no cost to the ACP Genesis Registry through CECity. This will eliminate duplicate data entry and custom reporting, according to the organizations. Eventually, ACP Genesis Registry will accept data from other EHRs. Physicians submitting data to the registry will receive their performance results compared to nation benchmarks established by ACP, and benchmarks against peers. Physicians also will receive an analysis of measure gaps.
* Health information service provider DataMotion, which offers email encryption, has received full accreditation from the Electronic Healthcare Network Accreditation Commission of meeting best practices for Direct Project secure messaging services. The accreditation program evaluates best practices in such areas as privacy/security/confidentiality, technical performance, business practices and organizational resources.
* Remote monitoring vendor Alere Connect has received Food and Drug 510(k) market clearance, as well as CE Mark clearance in Europe, for its HomeLink product that enables home-based patients to transmit data from monitoring devices and answers to questions about health status to clinicians wirelessly or through a wired USB connection.
* TriZetto Corporations provider solutions division has introduced Top Codes Report, which enables providers to chart their most frequently billed procedure and diagnosis code pairs. They then can use cross-walk tools to identify the ICD-10 codes that correlate with these top ICD-9 codes. Such services aid in better targeting ICD-10 training programs.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access