New initiatives for statewide patient portal and population health management initiatives, FDA clearance for remote patient monitoring, and new electronic health records certifications under Stage 2 of meaningful use highlight recent announcements from health information technology vendors:
* The Kansas Health Information Network will offer a free, statewide patient portal starting in September. NoMoreClipboard is the vendor. The portal will help providers meet meaningful use criteria for patients accessing their health information, KHIN Executive Director Laura McCrary told The Wichita Eagle newspaper. If a patient looks at his records via the portal, the occurrence will count for all of that patient’s providers, McCrary said.
* BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee will use a suite of population health management software from Evanston, Ill.-based Care Team Connect to support its statewide patient-centered medical home program. Provider-based care coordinators will have access to the software to manage populations, and the technology also enables the Blues plan to measure and manage compliance with its pay-for-performance program against a core set of measures.
* Verizon has received Food and Drug Administration 510(k) marketing clearance for Converged Health Management, a cloud-based remote patient monitoring device. This is the first time the vendor has sought and gotten FDA clearance for a health care product. The product, commercially available in late 2013, enables physicians to access data from biometric devices in homes.
* Allscripts and Aprima Medical Software join a small but growing number of electronic health records vendors getting their products certified under the 2014 Edition of the electronic health records meaningful use program. The Aprima PRM electronic records and practice management software, version 14.0, received Complete Ambulatory EHR certification from InfoGard. Allscripts’ Enterprise EHR 11.4.1 received two Complete Ambulatory EHR certifications from Drummond Group as the product was tested with the Jardogs patient portal acquired in March and with Intuit’s patient portal.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access