Cloud security, automated syndromic reporting and a private network for the autism community highlight recent announcements from health information technology vendors:
* Mycroft Inc. and CA Technologies have introduced XSpectra, a cloud-based identity and access management service for providers. The technology includes user authentication, assignment of access rights and single-sign-on functionality to access multiple applications inside and outside of the cloud. The service offers usage-based pricing to reflect seasonal business fluctuations, and verified identity for remote logins based on geography, time and physical distance between login attempts and other factors.
* Hospital ancillary software vendor MEDHOST has launched YourCareLink, a service to automate the submission of syndromic surveillance data, lab results and immunization registry data to appropriate state public health agencies. Such reporting is a requirement under Stage 2 of the electronic health records meaningful use program. The technology receives data feeds from a meaningful use-certified complete or module electronic health records system.
* The National Autism Network has launched a secure social network for the autism community, where many decline to use Facebook and other sites because of privacy and ethical concerns. The organization already offers a nationwide provider directory, discussion forums and news, among other information. How it has a HIPAA-compliant private network for parents and their children to communicate and share files with providers, and share experiences and tips with other families. More information is available at nationalautismnetwork.com.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access