Recent health information technology vendor announcements cover a new leader for one analytics firm and a new product for another, and a new mobile app for physicians:
* Data analytics and performance measurement vendor MedeAnalytics has named industry veteran Andrew Hurd as CEO, succeeding Mike Gallagher, who remains executive chairman. Hurd has more than 25 years of health information technology experience, most recently as CEO at mobile health content firm Epocrates, now part of athenahealth Inc. He also was chair and CEO at Carefx, a health care context management and visual integration software firm that Harris Corp. bought in 2011, and held senior positions at WebMD and QuadraMed.
* Business intelligence firm Billian’s HealthData has introduced an analytics product to enable hospitals and delivery systems to mine business information in their provider portals. Analyses of such data can help an organization develop better referral patterns, understand service area trends and benchmark quality measures against peers, according to the vendor. Other areas for examination include identifying competitive advantages for patients and job candidates, finding internal and external business threats, improving recruiting with an updated candidate pool, identifying market loss by region or service line, and assessing partnership opportunities.
* Greenway Medical Technologies has introduced a Windows 8 mobile app for authorized clinician access to the electronic health records system. The company already offers apps for iPad, iPhone, Android Phone, Android Tablet and Windows Mobile devices. The free Windows 8 app is available here.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access