A drug database acquisition, new research into fetal heart rates, implementation of a patient registry to support accountable care, and an integration/marketing deal highlight recent health information technology vendor news:
* Drug database firm IMS Health has strengthened its analytics services by acquiring pharmaceutical strategic business consulting firm PharmaDeals for an undisclosed sum. PharmaDeals operates a database with more than 46,000 records of business transactions, licenses, and mergers and acquisitions over 16 years. The deal will enhance IMS Health’s offerings in market assessment, forecasting, and lifecycle and portfolio management.
* New research will analyze use of computerized interpretations of fetal heart rates and predictions of neonatal outcomes, using fetal monitoring and pattern-matching software from PeriGen Inc. George Washington University, which runs a data coordinating center for the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development’s Maternal-Fetal Medicine Units Network, will use the PeriCalm Patterns software to support research at University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston, and University of Texas at Houston-Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital.
* Montefiore Medical Center in New York, one of 32 Medicare Pioneer ACOs in the nation, is using a patient outreach registry and population health management software from Phytel. The technology is aiding the identification of patients with treatment gaps and reconnecting them with their physicians to provide preventive and chronic care.
* Unibased Systems Architecture will integrate its ForeSite2020 suite of ancillary hospital software with the Healthcare Platform online provider collaboration software of Vitalz. Integration will start with the Unibased physician and patient portals. The companies also will co-market their products and services.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access