New products and alliances are the focus of recent announcements from health information technology vendors:
* Lexington, Mass.-based Imprivata has introduced Cortext, a free secure text messaging app for iPhones and Android smartphones, and for Web-based chats for nurses without smartphones. The cloud-based application employs encryption at rest and in transit. Information is available at cortext.com.
* Perceptive Software has launched eAuthorize, which enables any document to be electronically sent to another party to obtain an electronic signature, and then uploaded into the vendor’s content management software. The product, which uses e-signature technology from AssureSign, also supports data input from the signer to populate additional information in a document, and validation of the data fields.
* Cerner will embed speech recognition technology from Nuance Communications in its line of mobile electronic health records systems, including the PowerChart Touch iPad application, to enable physicians to dictate into their mobile device. Cerner also has integrated Nuance’s PowerScribe360 software into the RadNet radiology information system to support real-time dictation that flows into the patient record.
* PLUS Diagnostics, a large anatomic pathology practice in New Jersey, California and Texas, has implemented encrypted digital fax technology from Biscom Inc. The Web-based product supports encrypted color transmissions and integrates with the practice’s laboratory information system, according to the vendor. Plus Diagnostics previously phone-faxed results to physician practices and shipped the originals via FedEx overnight delivery. Now, it has eliminated shipping costs and reduced phone line charges.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access