New partnerships and a large health information exchange contract are among recent announcements from health information technology vendors:
* Greenway Medical Technologies will integrate the enterprise electronic health records software of community hospital vendor Healthcare Management Systems into its PrimeSuite ambulatory software. The companies will conduct joint sales and marketing programs, with Greenway implementing and supporting its software for HMS clients. The partnership enables HMS hospitals to more easily retain patients by better supporting care coordination, and further opens the hospital market to Greenway.
* North Shore-LIJ Health System in Great Neck, N.Y., will deploy the HealthShare health information exchange platform of InterSystems Corp. across 15 hospitals, 400 outpatient and physician practices, 12 emergency departments, and three skilled nursing facilities, as well as community physicians affiliated with the delivery system. The contract is valued at $25 million. InterSystems partner J2 Interactive will handle implementation.
* Health information technology outsourcing firm CareTech Solutions will market the password management and user provisioning software of Courion to its clients. The software helps enforce password policies and enables employees to reset passwords and use a single one to access multiple information systems, and enables the automation of new hire, promotion/transfer and termination processes associated with using information systems.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access