Meaningful use certifications, mobile job searches, a new telemedicine product and a new name for an established firm are among recent announcements from health information technology vendors:
* NextGen Healthcare Information Systems and MEDHOST recently received certifications for products that meet the ONC 2014 Edition of electronic health records meaningful use criteria for Stages 1 and 2. The Drummond Group certified the MEDHOST EDIS system, versions 4.2, 4.3 and 4.4, as inpatient EHR Modules meeting multiple criteria that affects the emergency department. The Certification Commission for Health Information Technology certified NextGen Inpatient Clinicals version 2.6 as an EHR Module while the vendor completes development for full certification.
* HealthITJobs.com has introduced two mobile applications to enable information technology professionals to search for new employment opportunities on smart phones. The apps, supporting iPhone and Android devices, are in response to the increasing number of recruiters using mobile strategies to connect with potential candidates, according to the company. Free downloads are available on the top of the healthitjobs.com Web site.
* At ATA2013, the annual conference of the American Telemedicine Association, Tely Labs has introduced the telyMed MTS-100 Mobile Station, a telemedicine system it touts as costing less than half that of other mobile cart-based systems. The battery-powered unit includes a plug-and-play system that eliminates complex set-up processes and includes high-definition video, according to the vendor.
* Brentwood, Tenn.-based digiChart, a vendor of practice management, electronic health records and mobile patient engagement software for OB-GYN specialists, has changed its name to Artemis. The name comes from the Greek goddess of the hunt and the moon. The new web site is artemisobgyn.com.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access