Health information technology vendor announcements in recent days include the following:
* Drug and disease reference content software vendor Epocrates Inc. now offers physicians the ability to access drug sample offers via mobile devices. The service, called Mobile Sample Closet, currently is available via an iPhone or iPod touch, and soon with Android devices. Initial participating pharmaceutical companies include AstraZeneca, Johnson & Johnson and Forest Laboratories.
* Physician practice management vendor Sycle LLC, which caters to audiologists, is enabling clients to offer patients credit plans for hearing devices and related services. Sycle has partnered with Alliance Data, a firm that provides transaction-based marketing and customer loyalty services. More information is available at sycle.net and alliancedata.com.
* The Healthcare Payments group of U.S. Bank has introduced a mobile application to enable customers to mange their HSAs, FSAs and HRAs via Apple and Android mobile devices. The software enables a consumer to check the balance of consumer-directed health care account at any time, such as the point of purchase. U.S. Bank later this year expects to introduce a mobile app enabling submission of claims and the sending of receipts using a mobile device's camera. More information is available at mycdh.usbank.com.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access