A survey on HIPAA operating rules, a training firm’s milestone and vendor selection for Houston’s health information exchange highlight recent news from industry stakeholders:
* The Workgroup for Electronic Data Interchange is inviting stakeholders to participate in a national survey on industry readiness to adopt the CORE operating rules for the eligibility and claim status HIPAA transactions. CORE is a program within CAQH, a Washington-based organization, to develop operating rules that tighten transaction standards and make them more uniform. The Affordable Care Act mandates adoption of a range of operating rules--starting with eligibility and status--between 2013 and 2016. The survey closes on June 19 and is available here. Recent federal guidance on implementation of the eligibility and status operating rules for Medicaid and CHIP is available here.
* Representatives from more than 1,000 companies have gone through the health information technology training or certification programs of Health IT Certification, the firm announces. About 3,400 individuals have taken individual courses covering health information technology, health information exchange, or electronic health records, with more than 1,200 obtaining professional certifications. The firm also has introduced new programs covering EDI operating rules mandated under the health reform law. Information is available at healthitcertification.com.
* Greater Houston Healthconnect, an emerging health information exchange to serve 20 counties in southeast Texas, will use the HIE platform software of Medicity, an information technology unit of insurer Aetna Inc. The goal is to connect 130 hospitals and 14,000 physicians serving seven million residents.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access