The Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society, Chicago, has named its 2010 Davies Awards of Excellence for provider and public health organizations showing innovation and leadership in their use of health information technology.
The awards, offered since 1994, are named in memory of Nicholas Davies, M.D., a champion of information technology and member of the Institute of Medicine's Committee on Improving the Patient Record, who died in 1991. The 2010 winners are:
* Sentara Healthcare in Norfolk, Va., for an application that enables single-view access for results retrievals across the enterprise and a dashboard providing business and clinical metrics.
* Nemours in Wilmington, Del., for its single electronic health record across 34 ambulatory and inpatient pediatric care facilities. A data warehouse enables a streamlined medication reconciliation process.
* The Diabetes Center in Ocean Springs, Miss., which opened two months after Hurricane Katrina hit to serve patients unable to travel out of the region. Among other accomplishments, the center actively monitors more than 400 diabetes pumps that are digitally downloaded at check-in to become part of the patient record.
* Miramont Family Medicine in Fort Collins, Colo., for increased time spent with patients following EHR implementation among six physicians and six mid-level practitioners at four clinics.
* Open Door Family Medical Center in Ossining, N.Y., a federally qualified community health center, for using data warehouse and quality reporting tools to improve care quality and operational efficiency.
* Wisconsin Division of Public Health's Wisconsin Immunization Registry in Madison, which includes more than 6.8 million patient records with 49 million associated records, more than 11,000 users at 4,200 provider sites and 2,500 schools with "look up" access.
More information is available at himss.org/davies.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access