Several health information exchanges, particularly on the statewide level, have reached significant milestones in recent days. For instance:
* The Louisiana Health Information Exchange will use the HIE platform technology of Orion Health. The Louisiana Health Care Quality Forum is the state-designated entity that has received federal stimulus funding and leads the planning and implementation of the HIE.
* Newly enacted legislation has established the New Hampshire Health Information Organization, which will be the statewide HIE. The board of the not-for-profit corporation expects to hold its first meeting during August.
* The Wisconsin Statewide Health Information Network will offer secure messaging software from transactions processor ABILITY Network Inc., formerly VisionShare. The software, called WISHIN Direct, uses protocols of the federally funded Direct Project that produced free, secure e-mail software for exchanging clinical information.
* Cincinnati-based HealthBridge, an HIE serving parts of Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana, is starting to transmit information using the Direct Project protocols and is connecting physician practices. Springfield Center for Family Medicine and Springfield Gastroenterology are early adopters.
A snapshot of the current health information exchange landscape is available here.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access