An index of SourceMedia's comprehensive coverage of the Affordable Care Act and healthcare reform for professionals in employee benefits and healthcare.
- Republican senator would let states keep ACA if they want
Republican Senator Bill Cassidy is making an offer to Democrats he hopes they won’t refuse: If their states like Obamacare, they can keep it.
- ACA sign-ups reach 8.8 million as repeal efforts start
Affordable Care Act sign-ups for 2017 coverage rose about 2.3% from the same time last year, as efforts to repeal President Barack Obama’s health care reform begin in Congress.
- Views How HHS Secretary Nominee Price’s plan could change ACA forever
With Trump’s naming of his choices for HHS and DOL, repeal and replace of the ACA could become a reality, explain attorneys Brian F. Higgins and Rhonda B. Schchter.
- Views 5 ways Trumpcare is likely to change employee benefits
Employers’ No. 1 question is how to position their strategy under the new administration, says adviser Craig Hasday.
- Trump pick to head HHS grilled on ACA, stock purchases
Rep. Tom Price appears before Senate committee, pledges to increase consumer choice in coverage.
- HIT Think Why ACA’s demise requires a fresh look at business practices
Under any scenario that Congress pursues, consumers will take on a growing percentage of the cost of their care, and providers will be under pressure to streamline operations.
- Repeal of Obamacare could cut accountable care organizations
Cutting ACA would trim ACOs created under Medicare Shared Savings Program, warns Micky Tripathi.
- HIT Think How to adapt to any possible change in ACA
Healthcare organizations should assess IT maturity, as well as flexibility of processes and personnel, to nimbly respond to Trump administration’s adjustments.
- Replacing ACA—easily said, not easily done
Without replacement plan, unintended economic consequences could result, says Bruce Merlin Fried.
- What experts predict for Trump’s healthcare moves
Affordable Care Act a target for change or repeal, which could have far-reaching effects.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access