Cincinnati-based HealthBridge is an established health information exchange serving parts of three states. HealthBridge expanded its mission in 2010, joining other stakeholders in the region to become one of 17 nationwide Beacon Communities funded under the HITECH Act to accelerate and demonstrate the benefits of health information technology.
Now, HealthBridge will implement master patient index software from the Initiate Systems unit of IBM Corp. in the first of eight substantial enhancements to its HIE infrastructure to better coordinate care under accountable care organizations and other new delivery models.
Funded through a $13.75 million Beacon grant, the MPI and other I.T. components will support a new "Shared Community" infrastructure hosted by HealthBridge. Other technologies to be implemented include:
* A patient disease registry;
* A transactions database;
* Tools to translate among various terminologies and coding systems;
* Enhanced data feeds between information systems or data stores and HealthBridge for analysis;
* A data warehouse for analysis and reporting of data from clinical, financial and operational systems;
* A claims data warehouse for analysis and reporting; and
* An analytics and reports distribution system.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access