New services, products, mobility and regulatory achievements are among recent announcements from health information technology vendors. They include:
* Physician software vendor Success EHS now has a consulting arm. Services cover such areas as clinical and billing workflow optimization, patient-centered medical homes, electronic health records meaningful use, Ryan White Act reporting, and the Physician Quality Reporting System, among others.
* Mobile cart vendor Futura Mobility has a new product, called the Continuum Power System. It uses lithium iron phosphate battery technology that fully recharges in two hours, has a life span of up to five years and cuts the weight of the cart by almost 30 pounds, according to the company.
* Emmi Solutions now offers its patient education videos, which also document informed consent, viewable on iPhones, iPads, and Android phones and tablets. Patients do not need to download an app to watch a video. The new option quickly caught on, with nearly 10 percent of patients accessing a video on a mobile device, says CEO Devin Gross.
* The Food and Drug Administration has granted 510(k) clearance for the Symbiq 3.13 infusion pump from Hospira Inc. The company expects to begin shipments during the second quarter.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access