A number of health care information technology vendors have recently introduced new products and services or initiatives. They include:
* Hospital software vendor QuadraMed Corp. now offers remote hosting of its identity management, revenue cycle management and health information management systems. Cabell Huntington Hospital in West Virginia is the first client and is using the revenue and identity management applications.
* Medication management consultancy True Process Inc. of Milwaukee has acquired the VeriScan point-of-care medication administration management system of Hospira Inc. for an undisclosed sum. VeriScan uses bar code and radio frequency identification technologies to track and verify patients and medications administered at the bedside.
* Chronic care information systems vendor HKS Medical Information Systems in Omaha has changed its name to OTTR Chronic Care Solutions, reflecting the name of its core product. OTTR was developed as a tracking and clinical system for solid organ transplant centers, and now also supports bone marrow and stem cell transplants, ventricular assist devices and bariatric surgery.
* Acuo Technologies has integrated its Universal Clinical Platform, a vendor-neutral archive with medical image management software, with the cloud-based storage services of Nirvanix Inc. The Nirvanix Cloud File System can store 200 million images and scanned records from a single client and support data storage rates per customer of up to 10 terabytes per day, according to the vendor.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access