A new direction for Epic, and new leaders and products headline recent health information technology vendor news:
* Two National Health System trusts (delivery systems) in the United Kingdom have named Epic Systems Corp. and Hewlett-Packard as preferred vendors for a common technology platform that will include electronic health records, according to The Guardian newspaper. Allscripts and Cerner also were in the running for the contract, Modern Healthcare reports. Business in the UK is becoming more attractive to U.S. vendors now that the NHS is permitting hospitals to select vendors of their choice rather an imposing a small number of state-approved companies to choose from.
* Health insurance administrative information systems vendor HealthTrio LLC has promoted Dominic Wallen to president and COO. He has served as executive vice president and CTO since 2009. Wallen succeeds Malik Hasan, who was president and will continue to serve as CEO. The COO position is new.
* University of Louisville Health Care in Kentucky is an early user of enhanced secure messaging software from TigerText Inc. New features of the product, called TT2, include group messaging, delivery speeds equivalent to instant messaging, and the ability of network administrators to force PIN protection and remotely wipe data from lost or stolen devices.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access