Health information technology vendors in recent days have announced new client wins and initiatives, including:
* UC Health, the delivery system of the University of Cincinnati, will link four hospital buildings with a local area network from Ciena Corp., Linthicum, Md. The network will provide access to electronic health records, computerized physician order entry, and picture archiving and communication systems, among other applications, and enable a virtual computing environment for UC Health data centers.
* Medical information content vendor Elsevier will offer the patient education materials of ExitCare LLC through its Mosby's Nursing Consult and Nursing Skills products. ExitCare has more than 6,000 instructions, the majority also available in Spanish, and Elsevier expects to offer additional content from the vendor.
* The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services will use release of information and audit tracking management software from MRO Corp. in its CONNECT Gateway Pilot Program to enable electronic submission of medical documentation to Recovery Audit Contractors. MRO also will participate in the government's Direct Project as a "health information service provider" to transmit patient information as secure e-mail via the Internet.
* The Association for Community Affiliated Plans, which represents 59 not-for-profit safety net health plans in 28 states, has named MedeAnalytics as preferred vendor for data analysis and performance measurement. The software includes medical management, provider network and operational analysis management.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access