An acquisition, new analytics software, a Texas-sized health information exchange agreement and a little self-preservation highlight recent health information technology vendor news:
* Following its stock price dive on April 27, Allscripts has adopted a shareholder rights plan, or poison pill, to protect against a hostile takeover. The plan enables shareholders to buy stock at half-price if a person or group acquires 10 percent or more of Allscripts’ common stock without board approval, or announces a tender offer that would result in ownership of at least 10 percent. The plan was not adopted in response to any current hostile takeover attempt, according to the company.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access