An acquisition, new analytics software, a Texas-sized health information exchange agreement and a little self-preservation highlight recent health information technology vendor news:
* Following its stock price dive on April 27, Allscripts has adopted a shareholder rights plan, or poison pill, to protect against a hostile takeover. The plan enables shareholders to buy stock at half-price if a person or group acquires 10 percent or more of Allscripts’ common stock without board approval, or announces a tender offer that would result in ownership of at least 10 percent. The plan was not adopted in response to any current hostile takeover attempt, according to the company.
* Rapid Insight Inc. has introduced new software, Healthcare Analytics, to enable predictive modeling and data analysis for any sized health care organization. The initial focus of the application is to enable hospitals to generate scores on the risk of readmission for patients being discharged.
* PracticeMax, a vendor of outsourced billing and collections services and reseller of practice management and electronic health records software, has acquired billing firm KLO Professional Billing in Westmont, Ill., for an undisclosed sum. The buy is the fourth in about three years for Scottsdale, Ariz.-based PracticeMax, which resells software from eClinicalWorks, NextGen and Sequel. The acquisition expands PracticeMax’s geographic footprint in the Midwest; its strongest markets are in the South and West. The company also can market the software to KLO clients.
* Public entities in Texas now can purchase at discounted pricing the MediBridge.Net health information exchange software from EHR Doctors, under a contract the vendor inked with the state Department of Information Resources. Midland Memorial Hospital is an existing client.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access