A new chairman for Allscripts and new initiatives from three other firms are among recent health information technology vendor announcements:
* Allscripts has named Dennis Chookaszian as chairman of the board of directors, succeeding Phil Pead who was terminated last week. Pead’s removal, the resignation of three other board members and poor first quarter financial results tanked the vendor’s stock price on April 27. Among other posts, Chookaszian has served as chair and CEO at financial advice firm mPower Inc., chair and CEO at CNA Insurance Companies, and chair of the Financial Accounting Standards Advisory Council.
* Enterasys Networks, a Siemens company, has unveiled a network management system to support corporate- and user-owned mobile devices on an organization network. The Enterasys Mobile IAM (Mobile Identity and Access Manager) is available for $8 per device.
* Stoltenberg Consulting has launched a Junior Consultant Program to address health information technology staff shortages in hospitals. The consultancy trains and certifies consultants, who receive vendor-specific training, then contracts them to hospitals for a term of one year. The curriculum covers such areas as project management, hospital workflow, clinical transformation and training tools. Hospitals have the option of permanently hiring a junior consultant following completion of the one-year contract.
* Medical imaging software vendor Merge Healthcare has introduced Honeycomb Archive, a cloud-based storage application. The archive offers a long-term and scalable storage option housing images in multiple locations and providing authorized anytime/anywhere access, according to the vendor.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access