Two vendors announce new initiatives or milestones, while an insurer comes out with a treatment cost calculator:
* NextGen Healthcare Information Systems is enabling Florida customers to exchange clinical data and patient care summaries with Florida Blue, via the electronic network of Jacksonville-based Availity, a major claims clearinghouse. The service is intended to make patient-specific information available to both physician and payer concurrently to better coordinate care and identify treatment gaps. Physicians view care summaries and reminders sent to their electronic health record system. The service also automates the sending of data to Florida Blue for quality improvement reporting. Initial provider users are Family Care Partners in Jacksonville, HeartWell LLP in Miami and Baptist Health South Florida.
* Insurer HealthPartners, serving Minnesota and Wisconsin, is making available to members and employers a treatment cost calculator. The service aids in comparing cost for more than 280 services in ambulatory and inpatient facilities across the nation, with a consumer or employer’s own benefit information integrated into the search. The calculator also gives consumer-friendly explanations of treatments and services.
* MEDHOST has received 2014 Edition certification of its Advanced Perioperative Information System, version 6.0, as an EHR Module that supports a dozen Stage 1 and/or Stage 2 criteria under the electronic health records meaningful use program. The Drummond Group was the certifying entity. MEDHOST added the information system to its portfolio after parent company HealthTech Holdings bought Acuitec in October 2012.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access