New initiatives dominate recent news from health information technology vendors:
* Business intelligence software vendor Tableau Software now supports Android tablet devices, after introducing iPad capability last year. Analytics consultancy InterWorks Inc. was a beta user of the new native Android application.
* MyHealthDIRECT, which sells a Web-based scheduling platform linking hospitals, physicians, other providers, insurers and social services agencies to reduce readmissions, has named Tom Cox as CEO, effective August 1. He succeeds CEO and founder Jay Mason, who will remain on the board. Cox most recently served as COO at Healthways Inc. and previously was president of Concentra Network Services.
* Medicaid managed care payer Molina Healthcare will use software from Edifecs Inc. to manage its ICD-10 implementation. The insurer will use the vendor’s code management and impact analytics applications to simplify and improve the accuracy of mapping from ICD-9 to ICD-10.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access