Support for initiatives under the Affordable Care Act are among recent product announcements from health information technology vendors. For instance:
* Information technology services and consulting firm Infosys Technologies, which serves multiple industries including health care, has introduced a health insurance exchange platform for states that are setting up such exchanges as mandated in the Affordable Care Act. The exchanges are designed to provide one-stop shopping for coverage to individuals and small businesses. Infosys' exchange is designed to standardize the structure of benefits across insurers to ease apples-to-apples comparison. Full disclosure: Rajiv Sabharwal, chief solution architect in the healthcare and life sciences unit at Infosys, writes a regular blog on Health Data Management's Web site.
* CitiusTech has launced a beta version of BI-Clinical for ACOs, an application for comprehensive accountable care organization reporting and analysis that supports all 65 quality performance measures in Medicare's proposed Shared Savings/ACO rule. The measures include 25 covering individual care and 40 covering population health. The company expects a general release of BI-Clinical for ACOs in the fourth quarter of 2011.
* Transactions processing vendor NaviNet Inc., which operates Web portals enabling providers to exchange administrative and financial transactions with insurers, is offering a new mobile connectivity service. The Mobile Connect for PBMs application enables pharmacy benefit management firms to transmit actionable patient information to physicians' mobile devices or desktop computers at the point of care or before or after visits. Available information includes notification of the need for prior authorization, clinical care alerts, and patient medication adherence.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access