New leaders and products were the focus of recent health information technology vendor announcements, including:
* Start-up company VoiceHIT expects in February to begin testing an electronic health record system accessed via mobile devices and using natural language processing to convert spoken keywords into computable data elements. The Better Day EHR & Documentation Solution uses speech recognition technology from Nuance Communications. The New Orleans-based vendor expects the product to be commercially available in August or September. More information is at voicehit.com.
* Clinical analytics firm Humedica has new software to use data pulled from electronic health records to predict patients at high-risk for congestive heart failure before hospitalization. The Community Physician Network in Indiana was among the pilot sites.
* Consultancy Encore Health Resources has named Thomas Niehaus as president and COO. The president’s position is new and he takes the COO post from CEO Dana Sellers, to whom he will report. Niehaus has served as executive vice president for client services since joining the firm in the spring of 2011. He has two decades of health I.T. experience and before Encore was president of consulting firm CTG Healthcare Solutions.
* Seal Shield LLC has introduced a new antimicrobial screen protector for iPhones and iPads. The ALIGN RIGHT protector uses an installation frame to ease applying it to the device, and is priced at about $20. More information is at sealshield.com.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access