Here's a recap of new health information technology initiatives, contracts and products announced in recent days:
* Vanderbilt University Medical Center will work with Specialists on Call, an organization that provides telemedicine services to emergency departments, to provide on-demand, anytime access to board-certified neurologists to all hospitals in the state. The service is called the Vanderbilt Neuroscience Network. The medical center also will offer stroke education and screening programs, and assistance with stroke certifications for all participating hospitals.
* Medical device firm Cook Medical will resell the endogo HD Portable Endoscopic Imaging System that Envisionier Medical Technology recently introduced. The product is a hand-held, battery-powered endoscope that uses a small tube with a camera to capture video and images inside the body. It converts captured images and video from analog to digital, and includes a 3.5-inch LCD screen to enable clinicians to review findings with patients. Images or video also can be sent over a secure Internet connection to a referring physician.
* Physician software vendor e-MDs Inc. has introduced a mobile app enabling physicians to access patient information during rounds from their e-MDs electronic health records system. The app, e-MDs Rounds for the iPhone, supports electronic prescriptions, internal messaging with staff, viewing of appointment schedules, mobile documentation and charge capture, and viewing, editing and updating patient charts. It uses 128-bit encryption.
* Geisinger Health System in Danville, Pa., has implemented the Insight for Pathology data analytics software from Altosoft in its clinical and anatomic pathology labs. The software enables the building and populating of dashboards and generation of reports.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access