Health care information technology vendors have made multiple announcements in recent days, including:
* Information technology hosting vendor CoreLink Data Centers LLC has named Nav Ranajee as director of health care markets. The Mt. Prospect, Ill.-based company serves multiple industries and is seeking to boost its health care presence, which accounts for about 20 percent of revenue. Ranajee has 18 years experience in health care and most recently served as vice president of the health divisions at Fifth Third Bank and Bank of America. He previously served as a project manager at Pegasystems, senior consultant at Arthur Andersen and Siemens, and a manager at the Philadelphia VA Medical Center.
* Southeast Alabama Medical Center in Dothan has recently installed a wireless patient monitoring system and acquired 200 wearable patient monitors from Draeger Medical Systems, Telford, Pa. The system enables patients to be moved within the hospital without disconnecting and reconnecting monitors, or use transport monitors. The system also generates visual and audio alarms if there is a change in a patient's condition.
* Oncology electronic health records vendor Elekta has embedded clinical practice guidelines from the National Comprehensive Cancer Network into its MOSAIQ EHR. The integration will eliminate the need for clinicians to change screens and log in to separate systems, or purchase a separate license, according to the Atlanta-based vendor. From an open patient chart, a clinician can right-click to view guidelines pertinent to a patient's cancer diagnosis.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access