The Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University has launched a first of its kind mobile application for its students.
School officials say the schools pioneering online Executive Master of Health Administration is the only master of health administration course offering available through a mobile app. Available on iOS and Android, the app allows students to view course materials and videos, network with professors and peers, and receive notifications for upcoming assignments or events from wherever they are.
With todays graduate students managing more of their lives on mobile devices than ever before, increased access and flexibility is critical to a seamless and valuable educational experience for our students, said Lynn R. Goldman, M.D., the Michael and Lori Milken Dean of Public Health. By extending the Milken Institute SPH residential educational experience both online and to mobile devices we are providing our students--busy, working healthcare professionals--the ability to access MHA content and coursework anywhere, any time."
The app includes the following features to enhance the online learning experience:
* Mobile offline mode: Students can download and watch course videos offline and access class materials with or without an Internet connection.
* Network: Students can connect and interact with their fellow classmates and peers around the world through discussions, study sessions or social groups.
* Notifications:Alerts inform students of upcoming live class sessions, assignment due dates or events so they can stay on top of their coursework.
* Seamless notes: Content posted through the mobile app will seamlessly transfer to the web the next time a student logs into their desktop learning platform, allowing notes to sync effortlessly.
The app is available for both Apple iOS devices (through the iTunes store) and for Android devices at Google Play.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access