GetWellNetwork Inc. has new functions to support nurse workflow processes in its television-based communications system for patient rooms, called the PatientLife System.
The system enables hospitals to use televisions in patient rooms to show educational videos. It also enables patients to access e-mail, the Internet and movies. The system offers a medications database, hospital stay and visitor information, and services such as menus and meal ordering. Patients use a wireless keyboard, touch screen or hand-held device to run the system.
New features of the PatientLife System include:
* A nursing dashboard enabling a nurse to search for patients, view profiles, send messages, order educational materials and use discharge planning tools;
* A redesigned medication-teaching tool to help patients and family members identify the correct drug and learn of side effects and generic alternatives;
* Integration of the pain management interface, which patients use to rate their degree of pain, to various information systems and the staff paging system to enable more rapid response; and
* The ability to select welcome/orientation videos to be the first content available for patients when they turn on the television.
More information is available at getwellnetwork.com.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access