The governance workgroup of the HIT Policy Committee is asking for public comment through Dec. 8 on questions related to who should govern a nationwide health information network and how.
This is the second round of input on the issue and the workgroup is asking for comment on a handful of remaining questions, including:
* What governance activities should be a federal responsibility and what should be delegated?
* Should there be an overarching validation entity to accredit other certification and/or accreditation bodies?
* Are there critical needs that require a governance mechanism to be established in the near-term and what entity should support this mechanism?
Additional information is available in a Nov. 30 posting on the Federal Advisory Committee Blog, available here.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access