Health Care Compliance Strategies, a vendor of online training courses, has introduced a library of 10 sessions on the ICD-10 coding sets, developed by Contexo Media, a medical coding publishing and education firm.
The courses are designed to help prepare coders, physicians, nurses, case managers and administrative staff for the significant changes in coding diagnoses and procedures that the ICD-10 transition will bring. The American Academy of Professional Coders and American Health Information Management Association have approved continuing education units for the courses. They include:
* Anatomy and Terminology Essentials,
* Anatomy and Terminology for Coders,
* Advanced Anatomy and Terminology for Coders,
* Basic Introduction to ICD-10-CM,
* Coding for the Non-Coder,
* ICD-10-CM/PCS Implementation and General Equivalence Mappings,
* Coding from the Operative Report,
* ICD-10 Implementation in a 5010 Environment,
* Preparing for ICD-10 Implementation in 2011, and
* Preparing Your Musculoskeletal Coders for ICD-10 Implementation.
More information is available here.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access