The American Medical Association and the Medical Group Management Association have launched an online toolkit to assist their members in selecting practice management software. Free for AMA and MGMA members, the new toolkit will provide physician practices with:
* a five-step guide to PMS software selection;
* a checklist of PMS software features and functionalities that physician practices can use to determine what their practice needs; and
* a sample "request for proposal" that physician practices can use to solicit software bids.
"Selecting the right software to manage a practice has become increasingly challenging due to the rapidly-changing health care environment," says AMA President Cecil B. Wilson, M.D., in a statement. "Physicians who submit claims and do other business functions electronically and those who plan to participate in the government's EHR incentive program will need to upgrade or replace their current practice management software.” An online directory of PMS software vendors that includes self-reported software features and functionalities will be added to the toolkit later this year.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access