Dell Inc. has launched a suite of subscription-based cloud services for hospitals and physician practices, including a partnership with Microsoft to create an on-demand reporting and analytics service for community hospitals.
The cloud-based “as-a-Service” products are:
* Archiving: Dell’s Unified Clinical Archiving platform, built upon its recent acquisition of medical archiving vendor InSiteOne. Migration services are designed to enable organizations to virtualize imaging infrastructure to reduce storage and retention costs. Per-study access fees are part of the service.
* Analytics and Reporting: Dell will use Microsoft’s Amalga platform to offer an analytics, informatics and business intelligence product for community hospitals. The service is being piloted at Stellaris Health Network and is designed to track and measure compliance with quality metrics throughout patient stays and simplify Medicare and Medicare quality-of-care reporting.
* Platform: Dell will host the MSite solution, designed to provide MEDITECH users access to the software via the cloud, and provide technical and applications support, and maintenance and disaster recovery services. It’s also developed a virtual-desktop solution for MEDITECH users, called Mobile Clinical Computing.
In addition, the company is enhancing its EMR-as-a-Service, which currently hosts EMR and practice management software for more than 40,000 clinicians, according to the company.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access