Humedica Inc., a health care data analytics vendor recently launched with $30 million in capital from four investment firms, has formed a scientific advisory board.
The Boston-based company's remotely hosted applications offer analytics, reporting and benchmarking functions. The applications are designed to pull clinical data across an enterprise to analyze clinical and operational performance; identify and compare best practices; identify high-cost and high-risk patients in real-time to reduce preventable complications; and benchmark performance.
Applications also are available for the life sciences industry. Investment firms backing the company include Bain Capital Ventures, General Catalyst Partners, Leerink Swann, and North Bridge Venture Partners. The new scientific advisory board members are:
* Paul Bleicher, M.D., CMO of Humedica;
* John Halamka, M.D., a practicing physician, CIO of Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston, chair of the Healthcare Information Technology Standards Panel and co-chair of the HIT Standards Committee;
* Ashish Jha, M.D., associate professor of health policy at Harvard School of Public Health, assistant president of medicine at Harvard Medical School, and staff physician at VA Boston Healthcare System and Brigham and Women's Hospital;
* Kenneth Kaitin, PhD, director of the Tufts Center for the Study of Drug Development, and professor of medicine, pharmacology and experimental therapeutics at Tufts University School of Medicine;
* Isaac Kohane, M.D., a practicing pediatric physician, director of the Children's Hospital informatics program, and a professor of pediatrics, health sciences and technology at Harvard Medical School; and
* David Nash, M.D., founding dean of the Jefferson School of Population Health and a professor of health policy at Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia.
More information is available at humedica.com.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access