A new report from Computer Sciences Corp. lays out emerging technologies that will reshape the health care industry.
The Falls Church, Va.-based consultancy and services firm envisions patients in charge of their care management on a daily basis using smartphones, Web-based decision support and social networking, and bandage-type personal monitoring devices that send data to the smartphone.
Other predicted innovations include:
* Breath tests using nanotechnology to detect diabetes and cancer;
* Glucose monitoring tattoos, smart pills that send notifications when swallowed, and artificial retinas; and
* "Serious" video games for honing medical decision-making skills.
The report, "The Future of Healthcare: It's Health, Then Care," is available for free at csc.com/lefreports.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access