CoxHealth, a Springfield, Mo-based health system comprising five hospitals and more than 80 clinics in 25 communities, has selected a Web-based population health and patient engagement platform from Phytel, Dallas.
Rolled out across CoxHealths clinics, the Phytel technology analyzes data across electronic health records and other enterprise systems, then compares records with evidence-based care guidelines to try to engage patients who have gaps in recommended care, as well as measure and improve quality performance. Beyond an analytics engine, Phytel says its platform is a scalable population engagement solution that enables provider-led interventions with automation built right into providers workflows.
The functionality CoxHealth plans to utilize includes:
* Stratifying populations to identify the top health risks for individual patients.
* Identifying variances in care delivery to ensure standard use of best practices.
* Creating personalized, automated patient interventions using phone, email and text messaging.
* Tracking provider performance against internal or external quality measures, enabling involvement in shared saving incentives.
* Reporting on quality performance across multiple payers, measures and quality initiatives.
CoxHealth says the platform also will assist its practices in achieving Level 3 NCQA recognition for patient centered medical homes.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access