The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services will accept public comment through November 25 on two possible new clinical quality measures for eligible professionals under Stage 3 of the electronic health records meaningful use program.
The new measures being considered are:
* Overuse of Diagnostic Imaging for Uncomplicated Headache, and
* Appropriate Use of Dual-energy X-ray Absorptiometry (DXA) Scans in Women under 65 Years Who Do Not Meet the Risk Factor Profile.
CMS is asking for comments on relevance of the measures to the mission of public reporting, usefulness of the measures to improve care quality and feasibility of data collection via EHRs. Mathematical Policy Research, along with subcontractors National Committee for Quality Assurance and the Lewin Group, are developing the measures.
Information on the proposed measures and comment submission tools are available at this Web site. The site has requests for comment on multiple initiatives; only the first one pertains to the meaningful use program.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access