Analytics start-up vendor Apervita Inc. has raised $18 million in a recent round of funding. The Chicago-based company, formerly named Pervasive Health, in 2013 developed a self-service platform enabling health professionals to connect datasets, author evidence-based algorithms and measures, and publish findings.
GE Ventures, Baird Capital, Pritzker Group Venture Capital, Math Ventures and existing investors participated in the new round. The company boasts hundreds of users in the United States and United Kingdom.
Other recent health information technology vendor news includes:
* Physician software and billing vendor ADP AdvancedMD is using cloud-based integration software from Iron Bridge Integration to enable clients to use their electronic health records system to submit immunization, cancer and syndromic health reports to state registries. Pre-built connections are available to send records to 57 registries in 48 states.
* Xerox has new software that estimates excessive hospital readmission rates and associated Medicare financial penalties for two years in the future. The Midas+ Readmission Penalty Forecaster operates in near real-time by analyzing five years of Medicare data on the clinical care cycle for more than 1,900 patients, and linking it to a patients record. On-site consultation services also are available.
* Hospital ancillary software vendor Mediware will offer clients the services of home health and durable medical equipment billing firm A/R Allegiance Group. Mediware, best known for its medication management, blood bank and home health software, has significantly expanded its portfolio via acquisitions and now also offers outpatient rehabilitation, respiratory care, chemotherapy, adult stem cells, pharmacy and infusion medication information systems.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access