A beta version of the new Cypress open source certification testing tool for capturing, calculating and reporting clinical quality measures under the Stage 2 electronic health records meaning use program now is available.
The Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology commissioned development of the tool. Cypress, to be used in Stage 2 EHR certification testing, will be made freely available to vendors and testing laboratories. According to guidance from ONC, the CQM certification criteria addressed by Cypress may include:
* The capability of EHR technology to create a data file that can be incorporated by another EHR technology which could be used to calculate CQMs,
* The capability of EHR technology to incorporate data (from other EHR technology where necessary) and correctly calculate the result for CQMs, and
* The capability of EHR technology to create a standard data file that can be electronically accepted by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
ONC expects a second version of Cypress to be installed by authorized testing labs in December, and starting the Stage 2 EHR certification program in January 2013. More information is available here.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access