The American Medical Association will offer secure e-mail software from Voltage Security Inc. on a Web platform it is building for its physician members.
The platform will offer one-stop shopping for a range of information technology services. The SecureMail software from Palo Alto, Calif.-based Voltage Security is accessible via an Internet browser and will encrypt emails sent between physicians, patients and others in the medical community.
The AMA platform is being beta tested in Michigan in collaboration with the Michigan State Medical Society. The association expects to launch it nationwide later this year. Other vendors selected so far to provide services via the platform include:
* The Covisint unit of Compuware Corp. for the core single-sign-on platform,
* Dell Inc. for computers and hardware,
* Ingenix Inc. for its CareTracker electronic health records system,
* Dr. First and Allscripts for electronic prescribing,
* Isabel Healthcare for diagnostic decision support,
* LifePoint Informatics for clinical order entry and results reporting, and
* Microsoft HealthVault to enable physicians to access data with patient consent.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access