2. Companies find partners to advance AI
3. The panic over AI lessens—a little
4. Large providers are dabbling in deep learning
5. More images may move to the cloud
6. Providers seek better integration of RIS with clinical systems
7. Radiology can support patient engagement
8. Radiologists get entrenched in care delivery
As Paul Chang, MD, vice chair of radiology informatics at the of the University of Chicago Hospitals puts it, radiological procedures are the “gateway drug” for healthcare delivery—in other words, what radiologists find often influences the care that patients get. But technology and the advent of value-based care can enable radiologists to be involved with a patient’s care team throughout the continuum of care a patient receives. That can elevate radiologists’ roles and increase their value, Chang and others contend.