ICD-10 is on the clock, and physician practices with limited manpower and resources are struggling like everyone else to plan, test and remediate before the October 1 transition.
Listen in at 2 pm ET on Tuesday, February 11, to hear three well-known experts on ICD-10 training:
- Margaret A. Skurka, Professor and Director of HIM Programs at Indiana University Northwest;
- Therese Jorwic, Clinical Assistant Professor of HIM at University of Illinois at Chicago; and
- Linda Kloss, Head of the Consultancy Kloss Strategic Advisors
The three will discuss how under-the-gun staff can map out an orderly process to be ready for the transition, as well as plan for the possible contingencies related to denied or delayed claims and productivity drops.
Some of the takeaways from the seminar include:
- What the physicians/providers need to know--- they donít need to know how to code or all the details, but needs to speak ICD-10 and know the details that now must be included for the accurate code.
- What medical assistants and clinical nurse managers need to know.
- How to provide overview training for everyone that touches a code--radiology, front desk and lab.
- Partnering HIM professionals with the I.T. people every step of the way.