Carestream, Allscripts and patient education vendor Emmi Solutions have recently introduced significant additions to their products lines:
* Medical imaging software vendor Carestream has announced availability in early 2013 of a new patient portal that will give authorized online access to imaging exams and reports. Patients will be able to share the information with other physicians. Houston Medical Imaging, which operates three centers in the city, is testing the portal, called MyVue. The practice offered the portal to nearly 1,500 patients over three months, with half of them logging in to view their studies, says Randall Stenoien, M.D., CEO and a radiologist. During that testing period, Houston Medical Imaging’s information technology department received 47 phone calls for assistance, and most of them were to reset passwords or other minor issues not related to actually using the portal, Stenoien adds. The vendor expects the portal to be available in February or March.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access