GetWellNetwork Adds Nursing Functions
GetWellNetwork Inc. has new functions to support nurse workflow processes in its television-based communications system for patient rooms, called the PatientLife System.
The system enables hospitals to use televisions in patient rooms to show educational videos. It also enables patients to access e-mail, the Internet and movies. The system offers a medications database, hospital stay and visitor information, and services such as menus and meal ordering. Patients use a wireless keyboard, touch screen or hand-held device to run the system.
New features of the PatientLife System include:
* A nursing dashboard enabling a nurse to search for patients, view profiles, send messages, order educational materials and use discharge planning tools;
* A redesigned medication-teaching tool to help patients and family members identify the correct drug and learn of side effects and generic alternatives;
* Integration of the pain management interface, which patients use to rate their degree of pain, to various information systems and the staff paging system to enable more rapid response; and
* The ability to select welcome/orientation videos to be the first content available for patients when they turn on the television.
More information is available at getwellnetwork.com.
All Health Data Management articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to exclusive industry white paper downloads, web seminars, podcasts, e-books, and conference discounts. Qualified members may also choose to receive our free monthly magazine and any of our e-newsletters covering the latest breaking news, opinions from industry leaders, developing trends and specialized topics like EHR's, revenue cycle management, health insurance exchanges, analytics, and more!
- Allscripts, Cerner, McKesson & Others Launch Interoperability Service
- KLAS Details Rough Start for Computer-Assisted Coding Vendors
- 800,000 Affected after Horizon BCBS Laptops Stolen
- Joint Commission Guidance on New Clinical Alarm Safety Goal
- HIT Vendor News Roundup: CareInSync, Omnicell/Cerner & NICVIEW