Whether you are a first-time leader, an experienced professional taking over a new team or a senior leader who can use a little leadership pick-me-up, focusing on these five fundamentals will serve you and your teams well:
1. It starts with showing respect. Respect is the leader’s currency, and you cannot earn it unless you give it. A title doesn’t command personal respect, it’s your words and actions that help you bankroll this critical capital. Speak kindly. Pay attention. Slow down and strive to understand. Don’t let your devices distract you in mid-conversation or meeting. Show that you care and offer help where you can. Paying attention to someone is a high form of displaying respect.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access