Acquisitions by veteran health information technology vendors and new investments in emerging ones highlight recent HIT business announcements:
* Insurance systems vendor Ebix Inc. has acquired Healthcare Magic, which offers consumers an online platform to pose medical questions to 15,000 physicians in 50 specialties. Ebix paid $6 million in cash with a contingent earn out of up to $12.5 million payable in two years. Consumers pay for the service per use or via a subscription. HealthMagic also offers the service to employers overseas and Ebix will launch a business service in the United States. Healthcare Magic will become part of Ebixs A.D.A.M. Health Division, a medical information content vendor for consumers, providers and insurers that was acquired in 2010.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access