A reorganization, acquisition and investment are among recent health information technology vendor initiatives:
* Science Applications International Corp., an information technology contractor and consultancy, is splitting the company into two independent, publicly traded firms. A “technical services” unit will focus on government and enterprise business services. A “solutions unit” will focus on the national security, engineering and health care sectors. In the past year, SAIC bought the health I.T. consulting firms Vitalize Consulting Solutions and maxIT Healthcare. The technical unit will start as a $4 billion business with the solutions unit a $7 billion business, based on expectations for the fiscal year ending Jan. 31, 2013. SAIC expects the spin-off to occur during the second half of the next fiscal year.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Health Data Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access