The collaborative formed in 2005 and updates its roadmap every two years. Its top five near-term priorities are:
* Care coordination between hospitals, physicians, long term and post-acute providers and other providers;
* Quality and process improvement through coordinated quality measurement and improvement activities;
* Making health I.T. a business imperative to streamline processes, improve efficiencies and better share information;
* Accelerate consumer and caregiver engagement to foster cultural change across settings of care; and
* Promote development of technology skill sets across all levels of the long term and post-acute workforce.